We will be holding our annual kickoff/orientation meeting for all band parents on Tuesday, May 29th, from 6:00 to 7:15 in the CNS auditorium. The meeting will coincide with the first practice of the season.
Northstars Indoor will be holding their 2nd home show this Saturday, March 10th at North Syracuse Junior High School. Gates open at 12:00 pm and the show starts at 1:00 pm. Tickets are $8 (4 and under free). Come out and see the Northstars Indoor group perform their 2018 show “The Storyteller”, along with 10 other area high school drumlines!
Northstars Indoor will be holding their home show this Saturday, February 24th at North Syracuse Junior High School. Gates open at 12:00 pm and the show starts at 1:00 pm. Come out and see the Northstars Indoor group perform their 2018 show “The Storyteller”, and watch several other area Winter Drumline groups!
The annual parents meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 13th, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the CNS Cafeteria. This meeting is for parents only. We have a few important items and changes to discuss regarding the upcoming 2018 season so all parents should plan to attend. Because space will likely be tight, we will keep the meeting as short as possible.
The Northstars took 1st place and the Governor’s Cup for the Large School 2 class at the 2017 New York State Field Band Conference Championships held on Sunday, October 29th!!!! The win results in Back to Back state championships for the first time in school history!!
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Norwich (Norwich High School). The show starts at 7:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:52!!
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Victor (Victor High School). The show starts at 6:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:05!!
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Webster (Webster Schroeder High School). The show starts at 7:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:36 with awards at 8:20!!
There will be a meeting on Monday, October 2nd, 6:30 pm in the high school cafeteria for any student planning to be a member of the 2018 marching band and participate in the 2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. This meeting will include all current marching band members planning to be members next year and anyone interested in joining the marching band next year.
The intent of the meeting is as follows:
- Obtain commitments from current band members to determine how many spots are available for new members next year
- Reminder, ONLY MEMBERS OF THE 2018 CNS MARCHING BAND WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE. This means full participation in the competitive season from July-November
- However, because this event will be costly and require much individual fundraising and/or personal payments, we are not requiring that members of the band participate. If you are unable to commit financially, you will still be able to participate in the band for the competitive season and opt out of the parade.
- Provide the latest on the available parent packages (Bus package down payments DUE BY OCT. 31, 2017; Hotel package down payments DUE BY NOV. 30, 2017)
- Financial obligations/deadlines for students
- DO NOT wait until July 2018 to start saving!
- Provide information to prospective members so they have time to prepare
- Requirements for membership in the band
- Parent travel package
- Membership numbers/possible need for auditions
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Baldwinsville (Charles W. Baker High School). The show starts at 6:00 pm. CNS performs at 6:45 with awards at 7:45!!