This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Norwich (Norwich High School). The show starts at 7:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:52!!
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Victor (Victor High School). The show starts at 6:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:05!!
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Webster (Webster Schroeder High School). The show starts at 7:00 pm. CNS performs at 7:36 with awards at 8:20!!
There will be a meeting on Monday, October 2nd, 6:30 pm in the high school cafeteria for any student planning to be a member of the 2018 marching band and participate in the 2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. This meeting will include all current marching band members planning to be members next year and anyone interested in joining the marching band next year.
The intent of the meeting is as follows:
- Obtain commitments from current band members to determine how many spots are available for new members next year
- Reminder, ONLY MEMBERS OF THE 2018 CNS MARCHING BAND WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE. This means full participation in the competitive season from July-November
- However, because this event will be costly and require much individual fundraising and/or personal payments, we are not requiring that members of the band participate. If you are unable to commit financially, you will still be able to participate in the band for the competitive season and opt out of the parade.
- Provide the latest on the available parent packages (Bus package down payments DUE BY OCT. 31, 2017; Hotel package down payments DUE BY NOV. 30, 2017)
- Financial obligations/deadlines for students
- DO NOT wait until July 2018 to start saving!
- Provide information to prospective members so they have time to prepare
- Requirements for membership in the band
- Parent travel package
- Membership numbers/possible need for auditions
This week, the CNS Northstars Marching Band takes their 2017 show “The Gallery” to Baldwinsville (Charles W. Baker High School). The show starts at 6:00 pm. CNS performs at 6:45 with awards at 7:45!!
We will be holding a kickoff meeting for all band parents on Tuesday, July 11th, from 6:00 to 7:15 in the CNS auditorium. The meeting will coincide with the first practice of the season.
We will be holding two New Member Information meetings for anyone interested in learning more about the Northstars Marching Band. If interested, you do not need to attend both meetings. The director and parent board will be on hand to talk about marching band and answer your questions. The meetings will be as follows:
Tuesday, May 30th, 6:30 pm, at the CNS High School Auditorium (parade band practice to follow at 7:00 pm)
Monday, June 5th, 6:30 pm, at the Roxboro Road Middle School CAFETERIA
The Cicero-North Syracuse Northstars Marching Band has been selected to perform in the 2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade! Wesley Whatley, creative director for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, traveled to Syracuse to make the official announcement at North Syracuse Junior High School.
Congratulations to Northstars Indoor on their 1st place finish at the NYS Percussion Circuit Championships in the Scholastic Winds Class!
Congratulations to the CNS Winterguard for an outstanding performance at the 2017 Mid-York Colorguard Championships!!
Varsity Winterguard earned 1st place in SO class, Junior Varsity Winterguard earned 1st place in SA2 Class and Cadet Winterguard earned 2nd place in SRA Class!
Good luck to the Varsity Winterguard at World Championships in Dayton, Ohio!