There will be a meeting on Monday, October 2nd, 6:30 pm in the high school cafeteria for any student planning to be a member of the 2018 marching band and participate in the 2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. This meeting will include all current marching band members planning to be members next year and anyone interested in joining the marching band next year.
The intent of the meeting is as follows:
- Obtain commitments from current band members to determine how many spots are available for new members next year
- Reminder, ONLY MEMBERS OF THE 2018 CNS MARCHING BAND WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MACY’S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE. This means full participation in the competitive season from July-November
- However, because this event will be costly and require much individual fundraising and/or personal payments, we are not requiring that members of the band participate. If you are unable to commit financially, you will still be able to participate in the band for the competitive season and opt out of the parade.
- Provide the latest on the available parent packages (Bus package down payments DUE BY OCT. 31, 2017; Hotel package down payments DUE BY NOV. 30, 2017)
- Financial obligations/deadlines for students
- DO NOT wait until July 2018 to start saving!
- Provide information to prospective members so they have time to prepare
- Requirements for membership in the band
- Parent travel package
- Membership numbers/possible need for auditions